People's Experience and Comments of Living in this Compound:
Peter:Pro’s: - close to school
- no bus/car needed for kids
- get around on a bicycle
- lots of families from school,
- easy to visit school for After school activities ( when there is no bus service), concerts and other
- easy to use public transport
Con’s: - mostly apartments/ not many houses
- further away from the city/supermarkets ---[2014/8/13]
- opposite the school - 5 min walk
- gated community with guards at entrance - secure
- beautifully landscaped gardens with childrens play gyms
- lagoon style outdoor pool
- gym with pool (this costs extra to join)
- very large compound - plenty of room for children to
- in quieter part of Hangzhou - you can escape from the
hussle and bussle of the citycenter
- walking distance to two grocery shops (Vanguard and
- bus depot next to school - takes you to Starbucks,
McDonalds, Tesco, InTime and the train station - many
expats with children at HIS live here, you make friends
- a few long term expats that have lived here for 4+years
- able to give excellent advice
- close to river - lots of areas to walk and bike
- you can always catch a taxi on Dongxin Avenue to take
you to town
- Sheraton Four points Hotel 10min walk on Dongxin Avenue
- good if you have family or guests coming to visit
- upper level apartments have views of river and
- lower level apartments have views of landscaped gardens
- 3 and 4 bedroom apartments available - some larger than
- far from city centre
- centre management, gym staff, guards etc don't speak
Andy:I think that depends: where your husband office is
located, cause kids have the option to get school bus.
And what will you do, as mom, in your free time.
Something that I like is that in this City everybody,
talking about foreigners, does not matter where you come
from, you just became friend. Everybody is in the same
situation as you, so as soon you know new people is
common to try to introduce yourself, you will know many
people who will help you a lot.
* Close to the school.
* Still few people living here.
* Sky Plaza has apartments well done, with good quality.
Rainbow City depends how was decorated by the owner.
* No traffic at all.
* Nearer from Xiaoshan airport.
* Referring to glossary I can find everything here. Just
need to plan to go once per month to Metro, for cheese,
good ham, frozen fish, and good tenderloin.
* Many little small markets with fresh vegetables,
chicken, pork and seafood.
* 20 Minutes from the city center.
* Not much activities for kids. But during weekends
everybody go out and you can meet many foreigners
* Easy to get a taxi, but not in rainy days and rush hour
* Better to have a car, if you are new with driver at
least for the first year. Later you will be able to drive
after get familiar with the city.
* No that much restaurants, but this district is
developing very fast. The government has the idea to
convert Binjiang into the new Pudong ( area in Shanghai) ---[2014/8/23]